All About Emily

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Only Hours To Go

Well it's only a matter of hours now...not days. Annie and I went to Target this morning and then to Fazzoli's drive through for pasta. About 1:00 Annie and I were just talking and watching TV and her water broke...more like it started leaking. She had a few good contractions and we knew it was on.

Shawn had planned to leave work about 1:30 to come home to take Annie to the hospital at 4:00. So Annie called and told him to come home right away. she said it in such a calm way he wrote a couple of emails and then left. She called the doctors office and they said to come on in. By now she had had a few good contractions and the leak was still leaking. Shawn was behind a wreck and the traffic was stopped so she and I took off for the doctor's office (which is in the hospital). Shawn meet us there and drove in the parking lot just before us. After getting checked out she was admitted to the hospital and they put her on patosum (sp?) to get the labor going.

the doctor is predicting a long night so I came back to Annie's. The doctor said she could have her epidural when ever she wanted. She called me about 5:30 and said the labor was really going fast and they did the epidural...so she was feeling pretty well! I am cautiously predicting Emily will be here by mid-night.

I'll put more posts on the blog soon as she gets here! love you all. janie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home